AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Friday, October 18, 2013

My beautiful mess...











My house is occasionally neat, and clean and perfect. And on those days I am light on my toes and happy. I seem to achieve heaps and my mind is clutter free. More often though, I go on a creative rampage and my house ends up strewn with fabric scraps and every bench, table and surface is piled high with trims and cuttings and paper and who even knows what else, it is all buried in there somewhere... But even when it is like this I am happy...

The last few weeks my house has been a mess. I have not been able to prepare proper meals nor have a had a whole bed to sleep on due to piles of washing that have not been put away. But I am busy sewing orders and preparing stock for the upcoming Sou'west Vintage fest, so all those other things just have to wait until I am ready to deal with them.

Bec xxx

13 comments:

  1. but we do love to see your beautiful mess so it's doesn't matter! good luck with all the making, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you sister!! My house is currently in that phase as I prepare for showcases, orders and christmas customs - I love the feeling of it winding down and packing it all away, cleaning benchtops and tables only for the next whirlwind to pass on through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous snaps. Adore the pretty tin. Happy making. Always love to see your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i relate...struggling to hold my sanity at the moment with a similar situation! loving your beautiful mess! loving your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your blog and have done for a while now, your photos are just beautiful of late so thank you! You make me want to live in australia with all the amazing vintage finds you aquire, Im quite jelous! :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bec, I look forward to your blog and pictures every morning while I'm having my coffee. You brighten my day with your beautiful pictures. I never see a mess, I only see the colors and creativity. You are most definately an inspiration!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adore your blog...such beautiful scrumptiousness...all power to vintage! By the way when & where is the South West vintage fest?

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello again my lovely, wanted to let you know I added your beautiful self and blog and dresses to this week's Art-Stopping Sunday here... http://textgeorge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/art-stopping-sunday_20.html. Have a beautiful Sunday xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! All of those beautiful fabrics!! My heart is swooning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know all to well the fabric, magazines, yarns and paper clippings that seem to gather on any horizontal surface.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so pretty mess... far more beautiful than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i see order in your chaos :) some messes are very inspiring

    ReplyDelete